Oil stains can be very nasty and cause become very stubborn stains. Oil can get easily absorbed into your carpet and stay there for over longer periods of time. This oil can grab dust and other particles creating a very nasty permanent stain.Oil stain removal is an important process and quick action should be taken if you ever encounter it. Professional carpets cleaners can help you in carpet oil stain removal from the carpets in no time. But with enough time and resources, you can yourself get rid of oil stains from the carpet.
- Cloth or paper towel
- Dishwashing detergent
- CornStarch or Baking Soda
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Warm Water
Steps for Carpet Oil Stain Removal:
- Step 1: If the stain is old, it will be hard to remove, to make it more liquid you can add glycerine to it and let it sit for a moment. The glycerin will liquify the dried stains. If it is a new stain, you can still add glycerine if you wish, it won’t cause any damage.
- Step 2: Now, use a paper towel or a clean cloth to absorb the liquid glycerine and stain, just blot it and don’t press hard or the stain will spread even further.
- Step 3: After blotting, you can start Carpet Oil Stain Removal using cornstarch or baking soda. Pour generous amounts of baking soda or cornstarch on the stain, dust off the excess and add more over it. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes so that it can absorb the oily stain.
- Step 4: Repeat the process for stubborn oil stains. Now you can vacuum clean to remove the powder.
- Step 5: If there is still some stain, you can mix warm water and dishwashing detergent. Put some on a cloth and gently blot the stain. Leave it for a minute.
- Step 6: Now using a paper towel remove the mixture for carpet stain removal. Rinse the area with warm using a cloth to remove excess detergent water and let it dry.
Professional Assistance: Capital Cleaning Canberra
Oil stains should never be left unattended. They completely ruin your carpet and further increase the damage. Carpet Cleaning Canberra delivers all kinds of professional carpet cleaning services. Our team of professional carpet cleaners have modern equipment and are well trained to match your carpet needs.